Triumph America features and specifications :
- 40mm telescopic suspension in front and at rear preloaded adjustable dual shock suspension.
- Loaded with 865cc engine with twin parallel motor.
- Uses DOHC engine with air cooled technology of four stroke.
- Provides maximum power of 61hp at 6800rpm.
- 74Nm at 3,300 rpm of peak torque will be produced.
- Covers 60Kmph with in five seconds.
- Provides 25kmpl of mileage.
- 9.2:1 of compression ratio.
- 5 speed gear transmission.
- 130/90 R16 of front tyre and 170/80 B15 of rear tyre are used.
- Hydraulic Disc brakes in both front and rear wheels.
- 1607.8 mm of wheel base.
- 19.3 L of fuel tank capacity.
British motorcycle manufacturer, Triumph Motorcycles announced their arrival in the second fastest growing auto market in the world – India earlier yesterday when they unveiled their 7 stunning motorcycles at the 2012 Delhi Auto Expo. Right from the start, Triumph Motorcycles have showcased a unique design and styling in their motorcycles which has been unmatched over the years.
Mr Ashish Joshi, MD, Triumph Motorcycles India, at the Delhi Auto Expo said, “2012 is a very crucial year for Triumph Motorcycles globally as we take our first steps into one of the most evolving motorcycle markets in the world. Our market entry is perfectly timed as Indian riders have been longing to be given the power of choice. With the first of our India lineup, our customer base will get the opportunity to choose from some of the most sought-after motorcycles in the world. We are extremely proud to present these to the Indian consumer.”
Triumph Motorcycles around the world compete with Harley Davidson Motorcycles and in India too, that trend will carry on. At the Delhi Auto Expo, Triumph announced that they will be launching the 7 new motorcycles in India which will be available across their dealership network in India within the next six months.
Triumph Motorcycles will try and open 3 to 4 dealerships across major Indian cities in the first year. They have plans of increasing their dealers to 10-12 within the next 3 to 4 years. Indian lineup of Triumph Motorcycles and their prices are as follows; Bonneville – Rs 550,000, Street Triple – Rs 575,000, Daytona 675 – Rs 7 lacs, Speed Triple – Rs 8 lacs, Tiger 800XC – Rs 1,140,000, Storm – Rs 17 lacs, and Rocket III Roadster – Rs 22 lacs.